Promoting Appreciation of Wine Through Education
Stan Barwikowski - Chapter Chair &
Important Reminders & Changes
* OIB Calendar updated incl MB & Shallotte
chapter events open to OIB members
* 8/25 - OIB National Tasting Project -
Napa Valley Wines
* 9/22 - AWS Judging Wines
* Welcome new members!
Dorothy & Bill Rees, Phyllis & Jim Baker,
Kathy & Dave Comeau, Bernadette
Zitelli, Dianne & Rich Nevans
* See new OIB Grapevine Blog page. Send in an
article or travel adventure, get posted, then all
can comment/discuss if applicable.
* Event payments required by date in Evite
* AWS 52nd Annual Conf is Oct 31 - Nov 2
Registration opened June 17 - Info below
* Salmon Recipe from 6/23 event in Blog Tab
* OIB Holiday Party 12/15 - put in calendar
AWS Fast Facts
* Total AWS National Members - 6,034
* State of NC is 4th largest in membership
* New AWS National President, Joe Broski,
founder Princeton NJ Chapter, RVP, Sec / VP
* AWS new logo merchandise available
* Wine Competition 2019 Wine Fest in
AWS National Newsletter & Results Posted
Tess Barwikowski - Chapter Co-Chair
Wine on the Beach
It's not too early to start talking up the 52nd Annual Conference at St. Pete's Beach, Fla Oct. 31 - Nov. 2. In fact, you can pass on some of these exciting developments.
R3, Rhone Ranger Reception. The Rhone Rangers, a group of winemakers dedicated to advancing Rhone varietals will host the opening reception.
Randal Grahm receiving the Award of Merit. The pioneering vintner from Bonny Doon will be honored by the AWS with this coveted award.
Garnacha Grenache, a European trade group will bring the best of this family of grapes from Spain and France as a luncheon sponsor and a presidential reception sponsor.
It's not too early to reserve your room at the Trade Winds Resort. People already are making plans and with a capacity of 600 there's a chance this conference will be a sell out.