Promoting Appreciation of Wine Through Education
Stan Barwikowski - Chapter Chair &
RVP - Coastal North & South Carolina
Stan receiving Nationally Recognized award
for Outstanding RVP
OIB Chapter Events @ Silver Coast Winery
Important Reminders & Changes
* Nov - No OIB event, see calendar for others
* 12/15 OIB Holiday Party @ Silver Coast Winery
See Details Below on this Page
* Don't Forget to Pay AWS 2020 Member Dues
* 2020 Calendar Draft Available
* Help Support Student Wine Researchers via
the 2019 AWSEF Silent Auction - Nov 1st
during National Conference
See info letter & donation form below.
* 2020 Amateur Wine Competition / Wine Fest
Details & Entry Form link below
* Welcome most recent members!
Rich & Lynn Dye, Veronica & Michael Miller
* See new OIB Grapevine Blog page.
Send in an article or travel adventure, get
posted, then all can comment/discuss...
* Requested Recipes from Event Tastings
posted in Blog page
* OIB Calendar updated incl MB & Shallotte
chapter events open to OIB members
Also see website / info links below
* Event payments required by date in Evite
AWS Fast Facts
* AWS National Members - 6,940 (Sept 2019)
* State of NC is 4th largest in membership
* AWS 52nd Annual Conf is Oct 31 - Nov 2
Registration started June 17 - Info below
Tess Barwikowski - Chapter Co-Chair
OIB Chapter Meeting
Silver Coast Winemaker Dana Keeler with OIB Wine Judge Certification Candidate Carol Maher
2019 AWS Educational Foundation Info / Donate Form
Nov 1st during National Conference
52nd AWS National Conference Info
St. Pete's Beach, Fla Oct. 31 - Nov. 2
Wine on the Beach
It's not too early to start talking up the 52nd Annual Conference at St. Pete's Beach, Fla Oct. 31 - Nov. 2. In fact, you can pass on some of these exciting developments.
R3, Rhone Ranger Reception. The Rhone Rangers, a group of winemakers dedicated to advancing Rhone varietals will host the opening reception.
Randal Grahm receiving the Award of Merit. The pioneering vintner from Bonny Doon will be honored by the AWS with this coveted award.
Garnacha Grenache, a European trade group will bring the best of this family of grapes from Spain and France as a luncheon sponsor and a presidential reception sponsor.
It's not too early to reserve your room at the Trade Winds Resort. People already are making plans and with a capacity of 600 there's a chance this conference will be a sell out.