Promoting Appreciation of Wine Through Education
Stan Barwikowski - Chapter Chair &
Important Reminders & Changes
* OIB 2019 Calendar updated - various events
* 4/15 Angelo's, Taste of Spain, Wine & Dinner Benefit Event - see details below
* 4/27 Wine Fest 2019 "Wine on the Island"
@ Museum - see details below
* 4/28 OIB Offsite Event @ Antonio's
Restaurant - see details below
* Event payments required by date in Evite
* AWS Annual Conf Oct 31 - Nov 2 (see below)
Trade Winds Resort - booking rooms NOW
AWS Fast Facts
* Total AWS National Members - 6,034
* State of NC is 4th largest in membership
* New AWS National President, Joe Broski, founder Princeton NJ Chapter, RVP, Sec / VP
* AWS new logo merchandise available at
* OIB Wine Competition 2019 Wine Fest invite noted in AWS National Newsletter
Tess Barwikowski - Chapter Co-Chair
Wine on the Beach
It's not too early to start talking up the 52nd Annual Conference at St. Pete's Beach, Fla Oct. 31 - Nov. 2. In fact, you can pass on some of these exciting developments.
R3, Rhone Ranger Reception. The Rhone Rangers, a group of winemakers dedicated to advancing Rhone varietals will host the opening reception.
Randal Grahm receiving the Award of Merit. The pioneering vintner from Bonny Doon will be honored by the AWS with this coveted award.
Garnacha Grenache, a European trade group will bring the best of this family of grapes from Spain and France as a luncheon sponsor and a presidential reception sponsor.
It's not too early to reserve your room at the Trade Winds Resort. People already are making plans and with a capacity of 600 there's a chance this conference will be a sell out.