Promoting Appreciation of Wine Through Education
Stan Barwikowski - Chapter Chair &
Important Reminders & Changes
* Silver Coast Winery, Road Update
Russtown Rd Open Again/ No Detour
* FYI 6/6 Myrtle Beach Chapter; 1st Event Kickoff
See OIB Chapter news post
* FYI 6/15 Chef's German Tasting & Wine Dinner
Ports Of Call Bistro, Southport
See info at bottom of this page
* 6/23 OIB Alsace Wines
* July - OIB No Meeting
* 8/25 OIB National Tasting Project -
Napa Valley Wines
* Welcome new members!
Phyllis & Jim Baker
Kathy & Dave Comeau
* See new OIB Grapevine Blog page. Send in an
article or travel adventure, get posted, then all
can comment/discuss if applicable.
* Event payments required by date in Evite
* AWS 52nd Annual Conf is Oct 31 - Nov 2
Registration opens June 17 - Info below
AWS Fast Facts
* Total AWS National Members - 6,034
* State of NC is 4th largest in membership
* New AWS National President, Joe Broski,
founder Princeton NJ Chapter, RVP, Sec / VP
* AWS new logo merchandise available
* Wine Competition 2019 Wine Fest in
AWS National Newsletter & Results Posted
Tess Barwikowski - Chapter Co-Chair
Wine on the Beach
It's not too early to start talking up the 52nd Annual Conference at St. Pete's Beach, Fla Oct. 31 - Nov. 2. In fact, you can pass on some of these exciting developments.
R3, Rhone Ranger Reception. The Rhone Rangers, a group of winemakers dedicated to advancing Rhone varietals will host the opening reception.
Randal Grahm receiving the Award of Merit. The pioneering vintner from Bonny Doon will be honored by the AWS with this coveted award.
Garnacha Grenache, a European trade group will bring the best of this family of grapes from Spain and France as a luncheon sponsor and a presidential reception sponsor.
It's not too early to reserve your room at the Trade Winds Resort. People already are making plans and with a capacity of 600 there's a chance this conference will be a sell out.