Promoting Appreciation of Wine Through Education
Most Recent Event - May
"National Tasting Project"
Carol Maher received her Certified Wine Judge certificate at the AWS national conference in Atlantic City, NJ Nov 2021
OIB Chapter Events @ Silver Coast Winery
Important Reminders & Changes
* Next OIB Monthly Tasting Events;
Jun 25 - The Wines of Missouri
July - No Meeting
Aug 20 - Wine and a Song
* 2023 OIB Events Calendar updated
* Next Myrtle Beach Chapter Events
Jun 15 - Que Syrah, Sirah!
Jul 20 - TBD
Aug 17 - Elyse Winery from Napa Valley
Events always 3rd Thurs of month
* Next Southport Chapter Events
Jun 9 - Oregon Wines
* PayPal payments for events go to
Use Friends & Family pay option so no-fee
If paying by check, please make payable to
"American Wine Society OIB Chapter"
Mail to Carol Maher, 1667 Beach Dr SW,
Sunset Beach, NC 28468
* Dana's Mulled Wine recipe added under
Jan 22nd event & in Recipe section.
* 10 Yr chapter history slides / pix's from
"Cheers to Ten Years" in Events section.
Press Release and Article posted in
Latest Chapter News section. Any of the
documents & pictures can be downloaded.
* OIB Chapter is continuing the AWS
Educational Foundation (AWSEF)
Scholarship Program in Chapters name.
See donation form below for download.
* Welcome our most recent members!
Michele Tomlinson, Janis Masco,
Kathyanne Rose, Susan Chopard,
Todd Buskirk & Dawn Schaefer, Bill & Louise
Gerber, Jennifer Tritt & Kevin Talhelm, George
& Darlene Neumann, Bill Conner, Jeff Gormley
* Try the OIB Grapevine Blog page
Send in an article or travel adventure, get
posted, then members can comment/discuss.
* Vendor for AWS logo items; see below
AWS National - Fast Facts
* AWS National Members 7,103 (Nov 2020)
* NC is now 3rd largest in membership, 496
* Future Date Planning - Nat'l Conventions
2023 - St. Louis, MO Nov 9-11th
* AWS National Website
Previous Event - April
"What's in My Glass"
Chapter's Founding Members Honored at
10th Yr Anniversary Celebration
"Cheers to Ten Years" Dec 2021
AWS OIB Chapter Chair Stan Barwikowski presents Silver Coast Winery
a customized wine barrel top clock in appreciation for Chapters relationship
Dana Keeler (Winemaker), Susan Barnes (Marketing)